Monday, June 1, 2009

Searching for a doctor

I am searching for a female doctor that my 14 year old daughter will approve of because as of now although I feel that our pediatrician is grea, she says that she hates him and refuses to go and see him. I took her to the walk in clinic on Saturday. She met with the female pediatrician at the clinic who she had had before and who she really likes. We actually went on Friday night but the female doctor was not working so she refused to see someone else. The doctor asked why we had not seen our family doctor sooner.

My daughter voiced the fact that she does not like her doctor. I was very thankful to the walk in doctor for talking to her about the importance of finding someone that she can relate to and that she could easily talk to and help with any problem that she has. She made a point of talking about how important it is especially for a girl because there will be many things as she gets older that will need to be discussed and looked after. My daughter smiled and seemed to understand.


This particular doctor who my daughter loves only sees patients on a walk in basis. She gave us an e mail address for the college of physicians which may be helpful to us. She said that it is very difficult to find someone especially if you are searching for a female doctor. She went on to say that even if you find one it may not be the right fit so you really need to continue searching until you find the right one that you are comfortable with. So the search is on for a great female doctor for my daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck at finding the right Doctor for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete