Monday, August 10, 2009

The Ugly Truth movie review

Last night the husband and I went to the late movie and saw The Ugly Truth, staring Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler. To be honest I had never heard of this movie till Sunshines teenager told me about it and said it was very funny especially the restaurant scene.

Well Teen Sunshine was right, it was a funny movie lots of laugh through the whole movie, and yes the restaurant scene was hilarious. The casting was good including all the supporting roles, you may even recognize the character Colin from the tv show Brothers and Sisters.

I would recommend The Ugly Truth as a fun easygoing night out.


Now for my rant, cause you all know by now that I can't let anything go without voicing my opinion.

We went to a Famous Players theater close to our home and while in line waiting to order our popcorn and drink we were looking at the menu trying to decide if we should get the combo one or combo two. Both combos said we would save just over a dollar buy ordering either of them. We were trying to figure out what would be cheaper, ordering one drink and large popcorn a la cart or ordering the combo. Guess what Famous Players does not want you to know which is cheaper as they do not show the price of the combo's, only what you will save.

We then questioned what the price would be for a either of the combos we were told we could only know that after we ordered it! Needless to say we did not order any of their combos.

Next on my rant list is the Scene card. It was Louise last year who convinced me to get a scene card. As every time you go to the movies and show your scene card you get 100 points and when you accumlate 1000 points you can cash them in for a free movie. It cost nothing for the card and you also get 10% off your food purchases. Sounds good so far but here is my rant: if you and your child go to the movies and you use your scene card you get 100 points for your ticket and 50 points for the child's ticket. But when you cash the points in it will cost you 1000 points for your ticket and if you again are taking your child and want to use points for there ticket it will also cost you 1000 points. So though you are only getting half the points for a child ticket it will cost you a adult ticket in points for them to go free. Also the scene card can only be used for two transactions a day. So if you and your husband are going to the movies then you have to buy your tickets individually to get the 100 points each. If you buy them together then only one of you is getting the points. I think the scene card is a great concept but with everything you need to know the ins and outs of the program so you don't get yourself frustrated.

As of now everyone but the little one has a scene card so we can take advantage of the points.

3 comments:

  1. Last time I went to the movies was over a year ago. I go to the Rainbow Cinema. The cost to get in is $4.00 and I bring my own snacks. No card No points just 4 bucks.
    What the heck do I do with my life no reality TV, no movies, no garden, no outside clothes line, no kids at home and rarly cook. OH Yea Texas Holdem on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all know when you are feeling a little sorry for yourself, you head out to the suburbs and spend a few days constant cooking, kids, thongs hanging on the clothes line, out of control gardens, all kindas of movies and my reality TV life and then you head back home with a deep sigh and are once again are thankful for your nice quite life and are glad to be done that part of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a seen card but it seems like everyone else does. Maybe I should get one as some members in my family go to quite a few movies. I am also looking forward to seeing this movie but I may just wait until it comes out on video.

    ReplyDelete