Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bench Talk: Women's Beauty Products

Ladies fess up! We all use them to some extent! How much money do you spend in the name of beauty?

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", yada yada yada!

We all have some insecurity about some outside or inside part of us and the use of beauty products makes us feel better about ourselves, as much as we do not like to admit it!

(Cathy) Well, truth be told, I am generally not seen in public without lipstick and eyeliner. I love lipstick, bright lipstick. My eyes are a bright blue and I like to highlight them with eyeliner to make them pop out more!

(sunshine) I really don't use makeup daily. Usually I only wear it on special occasions however, now that I have started working I feel the need to wear makeup everyday. I am serving a lot of young teenagers so I want them to think that I am not that much older even thought I am way older. I did go one day last week without makeup because my eyes were bothering me from using eyeliner everyday. I discovered a few years ago that I have an allergy to some pigments in the eyeliner. It is usually any red pigment, so brown eyeliner is out. Now even though me eyeliner is a smokey gray and has n0 red pigment, my eyes still get a little bit irritated. I really don't own that much makeup and I only replenish about once a year so my cost for makeup for the year would probably be about $60.00 I do have eye and face cream and some cleansing face products but I very rarely use them. I think that I have had the same ones for about 3 years now so that cost would be minimal.

If we start talking about how much money is spent on my hair.... did anyone read one of my earlier blogs about my hair? I do go to the hair dresser every 6 to 8 weeks to have my roots touched up because I don't like when the greys start to show. If I do only colour then it costs me about $55.00. Once every 4 months or so I need a hair cut or some highlights so the price increases on these occasions.
http://conversationsatthepark.blogspot.com/2009/04/rare-gift.html


I spend a lot of money on my hair and I will continue to do so. No amount of confidence will rise over my insecurities with my hair in public. My friends aside, most people see me as a 'white girl'. If I were to let my hair go natural..... I cannot even compute that!


Now, what about jewelry? I do not wear a lot of jewelry, just the occasion pair of earrings and even more rare would be rings and a necklace. Maybe, I adorn myself with my eyeliner and lipstick and chemically relaxed hair. Wouldn't you all like to see a picture????? I really don't wear much jewellery so no cost there.

I just remembered, I am try to find a new perfume. I am thinking I would like a nice, fresh clean scent to wear. Nothing powdery or musky or heavy sweet. Just something light and fresh. Any suggestions? I only wear perfume on occasion. I have a powder perfume (they sprays drive my crazy, they make me sneeze) that I really like. You would apply it to your neck and other areas with your fingers. It is called Niege. I bought it about 4 years ago and I haven't seen it in a while. I wonder what purse or drawer it is hiding in.

Women will spend a lot of money on the beauty product they feel is important to them.

What is your must have beauty product? I would not like to ever go without my waxing on my legs and underarms and I love to get my eyebrows threaded. Those are musts for me and I would say that I go every 6 weeks or so. I really should go more often. I don't get my legs waxed in the winter. The waxing cost is about $40.00 per month if I am waxing my legs too. I do like my eyeliner and my lip liner for makeup when I do wear it.


Hmmm, I think I am the most low maintenance girl there is. I have no chemical in my hair, I usually just wear it pulled back in a ponytail. I know it is not the most flattering but it is easy and I really can't be bothered with fussing with it. I have been thinking about getting foils cause I have been told it hides the grey better then just dyeing. I don't really like dying my hair anyways as it never hides the grey very well and within three weeks I get the dye line around my head.

When it comes to makeup, I used to never be seen with out full face but over the years of being home I just can't be bothered. Also I find when I do put makeup on I can feel it and can't wait to get it off.

I don't wear perfume as I am allergic to it. but sometimes I will put some one my clothes if we are going out.

What I do like is to have a good pedicure and I do like a bright nail polish on them. The last pedicure I had was in August so I think it is time for another one!

I think my lack of beauty interest drives Mommie crazy as she is ALWAYS in full face, hair and nails.


1 comment: