Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thursdays on the Bench

Here we are on the last day of 2009. Time flies by much too fast these days. I hope everyone is still enjoying a happy Christmas holiday. I know the kids are, Hubby too has had the week off between Christmas and New Year's Day. We went skiing on Wednesday to Snow Valley in Barrie. It was a great day! We were supposed to go on Tuesday, however, at -20 C with the wind chill we wimped out!


I have to admit that for reasons yet unknown to me, I have never looked forward to New Year's. I tend to feel sad and blue and spend a lot of time thinking about what's going to happen in the new year. I always pray for a good year but that's relative to what happens. So I will try to not think about it. We always spend New Year's at home; eat Chinese food, play games, watch a movie and wait for midnight. Sunshine has always invited everyone to her home for New Year's and we (I) have always politely (I hope) declined. This year will be different! We are going to Sunshine's home for New Year's and I know it will be fun. Well, wonders never cease! The only setback is that I have to be up at 4:30am to go to work on the 31st. I also have to be up at 4:30am on New Year's Day. Just stay up!!!! Pretend you are in your twenties again and you don't need sleep. I have never been able to nap so I know I will be tired. At least I know I will be the designated driver and that's a good thing. Oh well, it's only once a year and when you spend it with family and friends it's perfect. I plan to bring Toasted Almond Caramel Dacquoise for a dessert. Sunshine, if you are wondering what it is you will find a picture on the front cover of Canadain Living Feb/10 issue.




I would like to apologize for the lack of a 'Bench Talk' on Monday past. Our excuse is, "It's our Christmas vacation." I had a house full of company and bench talk was on the back burner as I tried to spend as much time as I could with my baby brother (25 years old!) and his girlfriend. It was two years ago the last time we got to spend time together. I drove them to the airport yesterday morning :( and don't know when we will see them again. I hope you understand. It's been an interesting adventure sharing with you on our blog. We started in the spring of this year and it's interesting to look back and reread some of our older posts. A lot has happened with the four of us this year. It's different now that we are all working. (working is a good thing) It's harder to find time to get together and we have appreciated having the blog which at times has helped us to stay in touch.



(Carolin) I watched Julie and Julia again on Boxing day and enjoyed it just as much as the first time I watched it. I laughed and laughed while watching Julie worked on her new blog. And relived the excitement when she got her first comment that wasn't Mommie!




I think it's very appropriate that we will spend the last day of the year together and bring in the new. I sure hope all of us will be together tonight. We will pray for those who are less fortunate than us and as much as that sounds like a cliche we mean it. There is one of us who is not happy and settled and we wish for peace.




Again, on behalf of the four ladies and our families, may the New Year bring you much peace, love and JOY!



And I look so forward to sharing with you all.




HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment