Friday, June 11, 2010

Catch Up Fridays

(Sunshine) Well, there are only 5 more work days left for me. Actually, that is not really true. I have a few functions that I have been asked to help out with later on this summer. They did ask if I was interested in working for the month of July at another school that has summer school. So far, I have said no thank you but I am not sure if they can push the issue if they really need someone. I am looking forward to having my summer off with my girls. I feel as though we spend zero quality time together. I am working while they are in school and then at night there is so much to do and so little energy. We are in the same proximity but we are all either busy or just vegging out. The only real conversation happens in the car on the way to school and back. Then with Mr Sunshine, there is no chance for any conversation what so ever. He is busy when he is at work and eating or sleeping when he is at home. We talk for maybe a minute during the day when he can be reached and a minute at 5:00am before he leaves some mornings when I wake up that early. But, when I am up that early then I put in a load of laundry, maybe even do a few left over dishes, check the blog and then I am tired once again. I am really feeling like I want a simpler life where work outside the home is only done between the house of 9:00 to 5:00 and that includes homework for the kids, work work for the adults and house work for all of the family. I want more family time with all of us having enough energy to enjoy each others company. Oh, yes, and I would really love to have my family living close by. The same street, might actually work for me. Don't want much now do you. I, too am tired. I finish work tomorrow morning. I then leave next Wednesday for two weeks up north cooking at the G8 summit. Back for 4 days then the little one and I leave to spend the summer out near Trenton at a children's summer camp. I will be cooking all summer. I am looking forward to it all but also a little nervous about taking on too much, pacing myself and what mischief the teenager will get into.

While I am at the G8 I plan to write up the agreement between the school and myself for next year. I am confidant that we have an agreement in principal at this point. We just have to work out the details. Things I have learned over the year that I would like to see handled different and who is responsible for what and when. I am going back to the school on Monday morning to season the elements on the new range in the new kitchen. I am told I would get some kind of payment for my work but we will see.

I watched the High School's last chapel of the year. Speeches were said by students and teachers, good-byes by teachers who are leaving or retiring. Awards were handed out and the valedictorian was announced. It was nice, I couldn't stay for it all as it was running late and I had to get back in the kitchen for the end of the day crowd. I did feel a little sad that I was not able to attend the teenagers Arts Program graduation at her school because of work but I sat and watched kids I don't really know get their awards. Now, I must go as I need to shower and have some housework stuff to do.



Sunshine I think you will have a great summer and will appreciate it more because of all the work you have done this year. Have fun!



Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment