Friday, September 24, 2010

Catch Up Fridays

(Cathy) Hi all, I thought I had better get something on the blog before I get chewed out by Carolin, lol! I am wondering what we are going to do about our latest book club book. We have all gone to the library, but, only two of us have our books. Mine is due back next Sunday. Maybe I should just read it and after we have all read it we can blog our thoughts on the book. Hey ladies, what do you think about that? (Carolin) I have started reading my book, I'm not waiting for Sunshine (Sunshine , how rude, I believe that you meant to say that you are waiting for Sunshine) as her book is pending. And I don't know what is going on with Louise's. Did she put the book on hold? I have read a few books by the same author before, what I remember is they were easy reads. Cathy, check on the Library website and see if there is a hold on it and if not then renew it. Will do. I remember we requested the book for Louise at the same time we all requested it. I think we did it under your library card and just requested the large print. Sorry girls, my book is still missing in action.

What is new this week? Does something have to be new? Oh, I know... it's shift bid time again at work. Every six months we go through a stress inducing shift bid for work. Every six months we all complain that the shifts are the worst ones yet! We bid in seniority order and then once again juggle our lives to try to make it work. The shift I have now is pretty good and yet it's not even offered for this winter bid! I really have no idea what I'll end up with. I bid on Monday at 1pm. I'll let you know next week what my life and the life of those I love will look like. Hey Carol, just to let you know the new shift will not start until November, 02nd. Good luck Cathy!!!!!

Ladies, how was your week? I have had a good week; even had an extra day off. Work is going well. I am very busy (too busy) and I need to hire some help but finding it a bit frustrating. The husband has been coming each day to help but I think he finds it a little stressful. I will have a very busy day tomorrow as I have my normal Friday crowd and a luncheon for 47 people at the same time. I have to be super organized tomorrow. Wow, good luck. It will be a piece of cake for you. (Dessert pun intended!) I am so happy that business is booming. I wonder where Sunshine is? She must be busy! Sorry ladies, it has been a busy week and I crashed for a while as I have not slept much in the last few days. I had a very sad funeral to attend. My cousin's husband died suddenly. He was only 43 years old and has left behind, a wife and three young kids. It was such a sad few days. He was healthy, as far as anyone knew. He had a physical just a week and a half ago and everything was normal. Last Sunday morning, he woke up and was feeling fine, then he went to watch tv and when they went to join him, he had already passed away. We had heard that is was a massive coronary but I don't really know for sure. His family is besides themselves! They are in shock and their grief is so painful to witness. I pray that they will find their way and see the light. My cousin was so brave. She has so much to worry about with making sure that the kids are going to be ok. Life is too short and can change at the blink of an eye.

Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment