Monday, September 6, 2010

The First Day

What a busy time of year, as Cathy has said in an earlier blog September is really the start of the new year. School starts up again, I am back to work etc....

Today the teenager was sitting at the kitchen table in her pajama pants and a hand knit sweater she has had since she was 8 years old and yes it still fits her. Anyway, she was talking about her plans for the rest of the day and what she would be doing tomorrow. It is a big day for our family as the teenager goes off to university tomorrow. Even though she will still live at home it is a whole new ball game for all of us. This past week she has said to me numerous times that she has changed her mind and wants to go back to high school, she is scared, nervous, petrified etc. Today when she was talking about there being a Starbucks on campus she looked so happy and bubbly and excited. She reminded me of when she was little and Christmas was just around the corner. I wanted to take the moment of her looking so young, happy, and full of excitement for the future and bottle it so when life gets in the way I could open up the bottle and pour some of that wonderfulness on her and she will be like she is today.

So though I will be back at work in my brand new commercial kitchen, and the little one will start her first day of being in grade five. The husband will be at work, I know his and my mind will be thinking of the teenager and praying her day goes well and looking at the time, counting down the hours till we can see her and hear all about the first day of university.

Carolin>

P.S. maybe I should come up with a new name for the teenager. The teenager sounds too high school I need something more grown up. Well, before I get ahead of myself let's see what the first week brings us.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that everything went well today for the "teenager" and for everyone else.

    ReplyDelete