Friday, November 12, 2010

Catch Up Fridays

(Cathy) Yesterday was Remembrance Day. I can remember being afraid of this day when I was young. In grade school we had to watch this black and white movie about WW1. I remember this one part where this young boy was in a trench and a canon blast killed him. It scared me so much I still get the shivers when I think about it. There is so much emotion around Remembrance Day both sad and joyful. I watch the ceremony every year on television and cry every year when the wreath from the "Mothers" is laid down. I look at the faces of the Veteran's and wonder about the thoughts and memories they experience. It's such a powerful day and I'm glad for it each and every year. Saying thank-you just doesn't seem enough, however, if you ask a Veteran what they want to hear, it's a simple: "thank-you" from the heart. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank-you. I remember as a child just being bored on Remembrance Day. I didn't get it and it seemed a zillion miles away. As an adult I find it much more meaningful. Though this year I was busy cooking during the Remembrance Day Chapel. (Sunshine) Remembrance day is always accompanied with a very somber mood. This year was even more so. When I picked Miss Teen Sunshine up from school on Wednesday, she just didn't seem like herself. I asked what had happened and after some gentle coaxing, she told me about how she found out that morning that one of the students had committed suicide. She burst into tears and said that she had spent some of the day in grief counselling sessions. When she got out of the car to go and get her little sister, I burst into tears and cried for the student and even more so for his mother and how she must be feeling since she found out. My heart and love and prayers go out to this boy and his family and friends. The teenager came Wednesday night and told me about this young man. She was upset and said she new him that they were in the same music class the whole time she was in high school. She said he came across as a happy, popular guy. One of the teachers at my school also new him well and was also in shock. I am heartbroken for his family. I haven't heard any details but the whole thing is just devastating.

The rest of the week, was OK. There is still so much drama at work, and I am so tired of dealing with all of it. I just want to go to work and do my job and not get caught up in anything else. I hope that next week will be much better. Drama, Drama, I had one of my two staff give her notice on Friday. I am going to try to wing it with out her, maybe I will be so busy I will lose a bit more weight!

We priced out the cost of knew widows (How much does a good 'widow' go for these days :/)today and they are ultra expensive. We are going to get a few other quotes, but I really can't see how we can even come close to being able to afford such astronomical prices, yet, the windows are all rotted. I had no idea that my parents must have spent so much money on upkeep of our house when we were young.

My bother in law is getting married next week and tonight is the Jack and Jill party. I have never been to one of those before. I wonder what one does at such a party.

Guess what ladies, I got a call from the Brampton Library on Wednesday regarding our book and I picked it up and finished reading it last night. I am ready to report when you are. You finished it!! I haven't even started it. Are we talking about the book 'the perfect Christmas'? I guess I need to get crackin.

Cathy, I just read about your thumb. How many stitches did it take? I am so sorry to know that you got hurt. I hope that you feel better really really soon.

Ladies, is anyone interested in having our annual Christmas cookie exchange? If you are, then please let me know and I will set up a time and date that hopefully works with everyone's schedule. It would be nice if we could do it the week before Christmas when some of us are off (meaning me!)

35 more working days until Christmas break. Are you counting down like I am???

Louise, I hope that everyone is doing well. Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to your middle child and to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment