Friday, December 10, 2010

Catch Up Fridays

(Cathy) Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

I think we live in a bubble as all the land surrounding us is snowed in and we only have a light dusting. I remember this happened last year as well. Last winter was the warmest winter in a long while. We had a great summer and everyone predicted a proper winter. I'm still waiting for it. I like snow. (Sunshine) The snow is beautiful but I don't mind if it holds off until the kids are off on Christmas break. (Carolin) I am with you Sunshine, let it snow Christmas eve and then be nice and cleared away after that. We were just discussing the same bubble subject tonight. It seems everywhere around us has had and is getting snow but us. I am sure our time will come.
So it was back to work for me this week. Nothing changed. Why do we always think something should be different when we have been away from work for a while? Is it just me. It's deicing season at work. Here's a hint for anyone thinking of taking a cruise. It's worth the extra expense of traveling in to your departing port city at least one day in advance. It's really worth the added expense of the hotel room and food. I'm just saying. It happens far too often that flights are delayed due to the cold and ice and fog and remember that your flight is not the only one in the sky, or at the airport. I would love to be somewhere tropical right now.

The kids Christmas concert was last night at school. They actually sang Christmas carols and wished everyone a Merry Christmas! WOW! It was a great concert! Just one week left of school before the break. Is everyone ready??? It sounds like a nice evening. The little one has her concert next week. I am not sure which day though.

(Sunshine) I am so ready to be off for two weeks. I do agree with you Cathy, work is always the same although we always expect it to be different. Maybe its because we don't enjoy it like we use to when we didn't have much else to do. Having a job was my life at one point and I enjoyed being at work very much. Now a days, it is a means to an end. It is only a pay cheque and there are so many other things that I would rather be doing then going to work. I am looking forward to spending time with the kids and with all of my family and hopefully catching up with friends. I am also looking forward to being off my feet and resting my knee because it will not heal until I can give it a much needed rest. This week work was hectic. We had some special functions and that predictably means that the manager, well some around there call her "the meanager" is in a horrible mood. She is grumpy and tired and frustrated and picky about every little thing. All I can say is TGIF. Why does she take it so personal. It's just a job let the owner worry, fret and carry on about the events and bottom line. I sure hope my staff don't call me "the meanager".
I think it's so cool that you have a staff!
I have not done a thing for Christmas as of yet. My tree is not up, I have not bought a single gift and I have not done any baking. I am however in the process of addressing my Christmas cards and I hope that my Christmas calendars come together and are ready in time because they are everyone's favourite gift and there is a lot of people waiting for them. I have got a little bit done but still loads to do. I keep telling myself I will do it when I am off. Hey, what about Rice Balls. Do we think we can fit making them in this year? Let me know as I will help this year, too.

Is everyone OK with the 23rd for our annual cookie exchange? I was thinking of having it at my house at about 7:30 in the evening. Please let me know if it works for you girls and then I will send out e-mails to the rest of the girls. The 23 is fine with me. I think I can stop by for a quick hi and bye as I have to work the next morning.

We are still meeting with window companies, I think that this has been the 6th company that has given us a quote so far. We will have to make a decision soon but it won't be easy because everyone is very expensive. For a few hundred dollars it might be worth having your house audited. Then when you get the windows you could qualify for a rebate. If your interested the husband has the info.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment