Friday, January 28, 2011

Catch Up Fridays

(Cathy) Remember last week when I told you Hubby was going to South Africa for work? He's there and he seems to be having a great time! He flew into Johannesburg, 17 hour flight, two movies and good food and no sleep. He and his travel buddies were picked up and given the tour. He said it's hot and humid, 27C. It's summer there now. E-mailing has been touch and go, however, we can text without a problem or delay! Hubby says the food is great. All meat and no veggies. He and his fellow travellers joke that chicken is considered a vegetable! Our younger son would love it! I hope that he is having a good time. How are you and the kids doing Cathy?
We are surviving. It's just like when he was working away this past summer. I get the impression that travel afar will become a permanent part of his job!
Hubby told me, via text, that they are going to a pub in a gold mine. I don't have much info but from what I can figure out a pub was built in the cavern of an old gold mine, deep underground. They are trying to go to a few museums and maybe a game reserve. Work, eh??? Hey, Sunshine...doesn't it sound like Mr. Sunshine when he goes to play golf!!! (Sunshine) I feel for you Cathy. Being at home and taking care of everything while they are away can really suck sometimes.
This week is flying by and the "mom" taxi is in full swing.... who needs to go where, when????
I hope Hubby has a chance to take some photos and if he does I will try to post some next week.

On another note, I spoke with Louise this week. She is doing better and things are starting to find their way into a schedule. Her older daughter has chicken pox, poor thing! She is in high school and Louise had to get her a doctor's note so there would be no trouble as she is missing end of semester exams. Our boys had the chicken pox twice, each! Has anyone heard of anyone getting the mumps lately or is that all gone now because of the immunization program? (Carolin)I have not heard of anyone getting the mumps. But poor girl with the chicken pox, the little one has not had them and I would like her to get them while she is still young. I have not heard much about the mumps but I had a really bad case of the chicken pox when I was younger and it was so not fun. I hope that Louise's daughter feels better really soon.

Another busy week is just about over, I do look forward to my weekends. You would be very proud of me as I made dinner everyday this week! I was getting tired of the husband's efforts or bringing home leftovers. But now we have so many leftover dinners in the fridge that tomorrow night will be a smorgasbord dinner! I saw in the local paper an add for the open house. Will you be providing the "hot lunch" with the RSVP???????

I am not one to make New Years resolutions but I have set some goals and one is to make dinner at least three nights a week. And the big one is to use up the huge amount of food we have in this house. So no more buying and stocking up cause the price is good cause we need to use up what we have. Every once in a while I too go through all of the cupboards and freezer and use it up. It's interesting all of the food items that get pushed to the back of the shelves.


I am going to a Pampered Chef party this Sunday. Not that I need anymore stuff but because the person hosting it is a friend from when I was a kid. Her family lived across the street from us. We haven't seen each other in 25 plus years; however, we have been chatting on FB for the past two years. Two of her sisters live in the same city as me. So the oldest (who happens to be named Carolyn ) will pick me up and then we will head an hour away to have some fun. I am really looking forward to it!

It seems as though everyone has hit the January blues this week. Everyone seems to have had enough of all of this cold weather and is starting to go stir crazy. It has been a pretty boring week. Nothing new to report. The kids are busier then ever, Mr Sunshine (did you all hear about the new show starting soon called, "Mr Sunshine with Mathew Perry"?He was away for most of the week and I had a few days off this week. So I caught up on some cleaning and did a little bit of shopping and my time off has now come to an end. That is cool, and Matthew Perry to play Mr. Sunshine. Not bad, not bad. Can you arrange to have George Clooney play the friend Carolin's husband? Please! What are the two of you talking about??? What's Mr. Sunshine into now?????

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope all is well and everyone had a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sunshine, what's this Matthew Perry thing? George Clooney, eh? Gosh, who would I pick????

    ReplyDelete