Friday, March 4, 2011

Catch Up Fridays

(Cathy) So starts my non vacation vacation. What will I do. Well, I have made a hair appointment for mom and I. I'm sure we'll go out for lunch as well. I think I will start on my tomato seeds. I will go through my seed packets and see what else I can start. I hope to get everyone's "stuff" out of my hobby/garden/craft room so I have room to work. I would love to paint it as right now it is drab/faded nothing colour. I think blue and butter cream yellow sound bright and cheerful! What do you think? (Carolin) I think you should do what ever you want and I didn't know you had a hobby/garden/craft room. Where is this hobby/garden/craft room of yours? In the basement, past the bar end of the rec. room, (your favourite room!) I have been in your basement only once cause you know how much I dislike basements!


As for this past week, both Hubby and the younger one were home sick with that cold/flu thing going around. The hardest part about this cold thing is the cough which can last for up to 6 weeks! They are both on the road to recovery. (Sunshine) I hope that everyone feels better really soon!!!!!

The older one just finished his first session of teaching swimming/life guarding and his evaluation was good so Hubby and I think he's set for now. He has a heavy course load at school and with his work hours we thought it would be too much. However, he seems to be the sort who thrives on having a lot on the go. He grades are not suffering so no worries for now! Glad it went well. Smart boy, way to go!!!

Funny story, last Sunday I helped Mr. Sunshine with a change to his flight reservation. Instead of taking two flights and getting in late, I was able to rebook him on to one flight with just a stopover and earlier arrival time. Well, wouldn't you know it......... due to bridge problems at the stopover airport...... he ended up arriving approx. 3 hours later than if had stayed with his original booking!! I wonder if he will ever ask me for help again, ha ha ha! Feels like an episode of , "The Amazing Race". Seems the first plane never lands on time and the last place team becomes first. It's always an adventure. Thanks for helping Cathy it was very much appreciated. Mr Sunshine was asking when we are getting together to keep up with his end of the bargain.

Well, it has been one of those kinda days today. I found out from my numerous sources that 3, Yes three, school staff members were let go today. None of them were teachers but still it was a little surprising. The rumour I heard tonight while at Fuzion class was that the school was spending $4000.00 more a day then they made. I also heard another employee's hours were cut to part time. Makes me wonder what our tuition bill will look like for next year and also just how much more they think they can get from me for next years contract. The positive side for me is I don't cost them anything, they get full tuition from me and a % of my sales from the cafeteria.

On a different subject the Teenager had her court date today to fight the careless driving charge from her accident back in November. Her ticket was for over $500.00 and she would of had a pile of demerit points. The husband took the day off work and went with her to see the judge and she spewed the charm and had the charge reduced to improper lane change which has a ticket of $85.00 and no demerit points. Also, the judge called her a "Cheerful Buttercup"!!!!! Whew!! I'm glad that went well. She must feel so much better. So, what does she get to drive now?? In my experience, it is always worth it to go to court and fight the tickets. In my teenage years, I was pulled over one day and got three tickets. One for speeding, one for not having my licence on me and one for not wearing my seat belt. I did go to court and I was amazed at all the people who were there and fighting there own tickets. There was one young guy who still stands out in my mind. He had gotten a ticket for failing to stop at a stop sign. I remember clearly that his excuse was that he had a cold and his explanation was that he must have missed the top sign when he sneezed. He got off with having to pay next to nothing at all. I thought wow, if he can do that then I can surely get a reduction on my tickets. I was asked a lot of questions and answered honestly and I did get a very considerable reduction. They really do take that you are a student and very young and inexperienced and many other things into consideration. I remember doing a happy dance all the way to the car. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that when I got into my car, there was a ticket on my windshield, I had parked in a no parking zone. Some how along the way to adult land, I developed into a much more responsible person.

It was busy at work as usual. I actually only worked 3 days this week. I took Monday and Tuesday off to nurse my knee injury. I finally got the results of the x-rays and ultrasound on Thursday and I was very disappointed with the results. I was hoping that I had torn something that would need a little bit of physiotherapy and that I would eventually be back to normal. Well the tests show that I have arthritis in my knee and some other long mumbo jumbo diagnosis that I don't remember the actual name of that basically is an injury that occurred when I was running on the tread mill. Unfortunately it sound like a chronic condition that I will have to battle for the rest of my life. The doctor says that with medication and possible cortisone shots to the knee, they should be able to help me manage the pain with the occasional flare up now and then. The really strange thing is that I have never had issues with my knees or legs ever before. I did manage to finish off the week at work but it was really painful by the end of each day. The doctor also said that once we have this flare up under control he would like me to start using the stationary bike to help grind down the bone in the knee that will help alleviate some of the pain. This week I have felt like an old lady limping around and having to sit down when I got home with my heating pad and anti inflammatory ointment. Fun wow. I hope that hings are going to be better then he expressed and I am determined to find a way to make that happen.

p.s. I will be away the next two Friday so I won't be blogging. I will miss you girls a lot. Have a wonderful March Break and enjoy your time off.

Have a good week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stacey! Welcome to our blog. I hope you enjoy it. I will definitly stop by your blogs.

    Thank-you,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete