Tuesday, May 17, 2011

And the Journey Continues

It really is a journey isn't it? A lifelong journey to promote better health.
I had a busy day today with meetings at work and a few stops before I came home. However, I still found that I was drawn downstairs to the Wii. I did 20 minutes of aerobics and 10 minutes of balance games. It's interesting that I found time (which was always there) to go and exercise. I also managed to do a load of laundry, make break and prepare dinner.
Lunch was a treat. Take-out from, "Made in Japan". I had chicken and veggies and noodles. I know, I know, there is a lot of salt in that terriyaki sauce! It was good!
For dinner I marinated chicken breasts with olive oil, sherry, garlic, shallots, oregano, smoked spanish paprika (thanks Carol!) and salt and pepper. I covered the chicken with diced onion, red pepper, and sliced manzanillo olives. Covered the dish with foil and baked for 30 minutes. I am serving it with rice seasoned with saffron and cooked in diluted chicken stock. Salad and steamed baby peas will round it all out. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment