Thursday, May 19, 2011

Busy, Busy Day

From I woke up this morning until now at 10:35pm I have been going, going, going. It's just one of those days. I only had twenty minutes from when I arrived at home from work this morning as I had to pick up the older one from school for his second eye appointment this week. I really wanted to weigh in before I ate but I didn't have time to eat either!
After the eye appointment we went for a nice lunch together at "Arbys". I like Arbys! I had the Philly beef and swiss with an orange crush. I haven't had a pop in over a year! The older one and I shared the most amazing order of small fries. So much for calories!
Dropped him off back to school and went off to FedEx to courier a letter. Finally, went back home and enjoyed a cup of tea before heading back out to pick up the older one again from after school band practice. We went to my favourite grocery store, Oceans, where we picked up a huge bag of mussels, lettuce, and a few other items.
So, dinner was pasta with mussels in a tomato sauce. Wow, was it ever good. Nice and simple. I just sauteed some minced onion and garlic in olive oil and butter. Added in a can of diced tomatoes and some wine. Seasoned with salt, pepper. thyme and tarragon. Reduced it down to concentrate the flavours and added in the mussels to steam. Again, wow!
I was good though, I kept myself to only one medium sized serving. Hubby had two huge servings and was moaning from a full belly after dinner!

Guess what? I still managed to fit in 30 minutes of exercise way after dinner. I took it a little easy and did twenty minutes of yoga and 10 minutes of balance games. Not bad, eh?
And here I am blogging about it now. I will persevere!

1 comment:

  1. Watch it...keep this up, and you'll actually "like" it! LOL!!

    The mussels sound really good. I'll have to try that, although I just thought steaming them with the coconut curry sauce...huh, what do you think?! I may have to try that this weekend! I'll let you know how it works out.

    ReplyDelete