Friday, July 8, 2011

Catch Up Fridays

So, WYDF???????

My cousin Chris started asking this question a few months ago on facebook. It's a fun way to get into weekend mode. Have you figured out what it stands for yet??? No!! Ok, I'll tell you.

It stands for: What You Drinking Friday!!! It's a weekly version of happy hour. It's fun to follow Chris's facebook status to see all the responses. It a nice way to put a smile on your face and the end of a long week! Thanks, Chris!!! (Carolin) I am drinking Ice Tea, yeah I know, what a boozer I am. I did last night have a beer. I like the Bud Lime beer but it is kinda pricey, I tried to talk the teenager into splitting a case with me but she is to cheap. Anyway, the husband bought a 24 (for our non Ontarians, that is a case of 24 beer and it is pronounced 2 - 4) of Red Baron Lime. It was cold, I'll give it that but I wasn't too keen on it. I guess I'll stick to my ice tea. (Sunshine) It's virgin strawberry daiquiris for me. That is so that everyone can have some, the kids, my mother in law, my sister in law who is nursing, they will all be here tomorrow. I know that's Saturday so it may not count, but it's only water for me on Friday.

As for me.... I can't drink! I feel it so fast and I always have. I know, what kind of Jamaican am I? I do, however, like to enjoy a cold beer with Hubby enjoying our beautiful yard in the cool of the early evening. The slight breeze through the leaves of the trees, the many different birds singing their songs and kid's laughing and playing. This is when you feel the world in a positive way! You always paint such a beautiful picture. I can actually feel the breeze blowing through my hair.

Summer is here! A time to slow down and smell the roses. Slow down! I'm very busy with my knew and improved job as, "mom taxi". The younger one is in summer school for extra credit. He's also completing another swim instructor course. The older one is working and I just signed him up for his driver's ed. course. I can't wait until I can ask him to be the "taxi"!!! I agree Cathy, between driving Miss Teen Sunshine back and forth from work five times a week and soccer twice a week, I am constantly filling up with gas and it's so expensive. Although I am present in the car, I am not always driving as Miss Teen Sunshine does a lot of the driving now a days. That works for me just fine.

It's mostly just the little one and me hanging around. The teenager is at work all day and the husband is on the golf course and then at work in the evenings (these past two weeks). Mr Sunshine has had more then his share of golf this week as well. I don't know how they justify calling so much time on the golf course, work! I need a job like that where I can go and have fun and do something that I really enjoy doing with people that I like all day long. I have the little one in swimming lessons every morning and she has just completed her half way mark for this session. We then come home and spend about a hour doing three pages of math review and reading a chapter a day of one of the novels she will be reading next year. We are reading, "Where the Red Fern Grows." At first, I didn't think I would like it, but since we sit in the back yard in our Muskoka chairs in the shade I look forward to it. That sounds really sweet.

The little one and I plan to spend one day a week downtown Toronto exploring. This past week we went to the Art Gallery of Ontario http://http://www.ago.net/ and then we wandered over to the Ontario College of Art and Design http://http://www.ocad.ca/
to see if we could just look around. We were told sure and started walking the halls of the school and stopped to watch some students in the Pottery Studio. They invited us in and then spent the next two hours talking and sharing their passion of art with the little one. She was in awe the whole time and says this is where she wants to go to college. We then headed to my Mom's to pick up the little one's flower girl dress for my brother's wedding in a few weeks. Over all it was a great day. Next week we plan to visit Queen's Park, New City Hall and Old City Hall. It sounds like you are getting a lot accomplished. The Ontario College of Art and Design sounds like a really cool place, I look forward to seeing the little one attending school there one day.

Hope everyone is enjoying the warm weather!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment