Friday, August 12, 2011

Catch up Fridays

(Sunshine) Hello everyone, how are you all doing? We are back from Calgary safe and sound. It was a really beautiful trip. It always amazes me how beautiful that part of the country is. We had amazing weather and I have some great pictures. We went canoeing, horse back riding, swimming and of course lots and lots of hiking. We were so busy that I am so tired. Miss Teen Sunshine of course had a little accident while we were there but she is ok. On the horse back riding adventure, her horse was not cooperating and eventually he just bucked her right off. She fell on her back and she is bruised and sore but she was a trouper. The guide switched horses (you are not allowed to continue to ride a horse that has bucked someone off) with her to return back to the ranch as she was too sore to ride and the rest of the hour and a half. She got on the other horse and the rest of our family all rode back to the ranch. We were lucky as it was in the mountains that he bucked her off in an area that was not at the edge of a cliff. She still wants to go hoarse back riding again when she feels better. I guess that's a good thing as I don't want her to ever be scared. That's one brave girl. (Cathy) I feel for Miss Teen Sunshine. I would say that her guardian angel is working overtime at keeping her safe, however, I wish that angel didn't have to work so hard!!! Your week out west sounded lovely and relaxing. I was hoping to get to Calgary to visit Carol and my other girlfriends from school, however, it looks like we will only be able to squeeze in a week in Kelowna. Hubby and I keep saying that we are so glad we traveled as much as we could while the boys were little as now it is so difficult to coordinate schedules. I had hoped to go out earlier on my own or with the Younger One but, that will not work out either. In time we will once again have the flexibility with our time. (and probably look back saying, "remember when...)


Well Carolin, how was the wedding? I am excited to hear every detail. You must be exhausted. Do you still have family over? I looked at the photos on facebook. Wow, you all looked great! Carolin, I loved your dress!!


I also attended a very private little wedding the Thursday before we left. It was a lovely ceremony and the couple is very happy. Carolin, I know you know who I am talking about and Cathy, if you want to know you will just have to break down and pick up the phone and call me because the couple would like it to remain very private for now. (picking up the phone now)


Cathy, how are you doing? Are you finished nagging for today? I must admit that I catch myself nagging and I have to stop myself but sometimes it's impossible to do so. I have decided that it is my responsibility as a good parent to nag sometimes and other times it is just my right!(funny!)The hard part is that I remember tuning my mom out and I am sure that my daughter does the same. I can see when that look comes over her face that says, "what ever mom" and guess what, then I nag some more. My mom nagged all the time but I couldn't love her anymore and now having two children of my own, I completely understand why she did so. So never feel bad for caring and loving someone enough to say something.


(Cathy)As I sit here blogging I am watching one of my favourite cooking shows, "Anna and Kristina's Grocery Bag." I love the premise of this show. The two ladies take a different cookbook each show and cook six to eight dishes on average to form a complete meal. They then have a chef come to judge the result. Watch it, it's good. Anyway, during one commercial break a commercial came on for some new fangled wonder bra that lifts and separates. The lift, I get, but why the need to separate?


Carolin still has a house full of family and I think they are out and about today so I will post now and she can add when she has time!

(Cathy) Hey Carolin, I am still having trouble with my colour! Help!

Love you all, have a great weekend!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment