Monday, June 18, 2012

Keeping in Touch

(Cathy) Hi all! Hope everyone is enjoying the great weather! So, what is going on with me? Well, this Friday the boys are attending their Music Banquet. This is the only dinner and dance that their high school has and you can only attend if you are involved with music at school. The boys have attended every year and always have a good time. (Carolin) they dont have Prom? Only at the grade 12 graduation is there a prom. This school does not do school dances like the ones we grew up with. It's a shame really. I remember those dances where a lot of fun! I remember having bands at my high school at dances.  Teenage Head, Goddo, etc.  I don't think TWINATA had dances at her high school either, but I do remember a annual big football game at Ching park that she went to. You're right, I remember we always had Max Webster at our school dances and also FreeFall!  We had a lot of dances in high school and great music.  They were so much fun and also a little nerve racking considering who would ask you to dance.  It's hard when you really don't want to dance with a certain person and you keep hoping that the one you want to dance with will ask you.


This weekend is also my birthday and Father's Day. Happy Father's Day to all!  Happy Birthday Cathy do you have anything special planned for your bd?  Happy Birthday to Cathy!!!!!!


We always go on a family picnic this weekend. This year we are going to the Elora Gorge: http://www.grandriver.ca/index/document.cfm?Sec=27&Sub1=124&sub2=0. It is a beautiful area and if the weather is good, one can go tubing down the river! Elora is also a beautiful village with great shops to browse through. It promises to be a great day!  We have been to Elora many times in the past but not in recent years.  I have some great pictures there of me and Mr Sunshine when we were dating and then of the four of us when the kids were little.  What a beautiful spot to go and have a picnic.  I didn't know about the tubing thing.  Do you girls remember our tubing adventure not too far from home about 11 years ago?  I am not sure where we were but it was a fun day. We were in Norval and who can forget the Tubing adventure when the taxi brought my mother back from who knows where. I remember that day. We didn't tube and I think Hubby was in a bad mood and we met for the picnic or did we just all go out for dinner?


Gardening update: Now that everything has been planted the main gardening chore is weeding, watering the containers, deadheading and pruning the overgrowth. I have a tub pond which I love and this year I bought a beta fish for it. I also bought a snail but it seems to have died. Not sure why but I will investigate. So far the beta fish is doing well. I spent close to an hour this morning weeding the vegetable garden and am half way done.  Man there is a lot of weeds!  We find snails around the property often so if you need another one I will keep a look out for them.  Mr Sunshine did a lot of weeding in the front garden when I was working on Friday night.  I don't know how he got them all out, they were taller then me.  I tried to wrestle with the weeds on Thursday but was unsuccessful.  It was great to have it cleaned up and that also meant that Grandma would not have to be picking weeds on her way into the house on Saturday for our Father's Day get together.

I am officially on summer holidays!!!!,  I have this one week on my own before the little one is also off school.  I have pretty much everyday booked with one thing or another.  Congratulations on your vacation.  I am very jealous.  Are we included in your plans for this week? (by the way, Cathy wanted me to ask you that question). Let's see; I can fit you in on Friday.  Today was to be Wonderland but the little one was not well on Sunday (fever, sore throat and ear). I took her to the Dr on Monday but thankfully no ear infection.  Tuesday I am off to Whitby (if you want to come for the drive you're welcome).  Wednesday is Strawberry picking and hoping to go to school and make jam.  Thursday is Dentist. 


If you read our last post you read my "arm update". Nothing new this week, same old story. 


Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment